Ms. Murphy Flowers is a freelance florist service. I make and create new ways to pot your plants and terrariums and I also work closely with people organising and designing flowers for events, installations and weddings.
What was the last thing you made and who was it for?
The last thing I made was an order for hanging concrete pots with succulents planted inside.
The best handmade gift I’ve received and use regularly is my Pirdy geometric necklace.
I grew up in Ireland. I think it’s definitely influenced my creative practice of making concrete pots because sculpture is a huge part of the Irish arts. We have shops dedicated to Irish design and pottery.
I love the creative freedom of my job. I recently worked on an installation and my brief was to use greenery so I went to town with different textures and different shades of green. It was so much fun putting it all together.
This might sound a bit ridiculous, but I’m massively inspired by nature and all it has to offer.
Where can we find out more about you/ your work?
• DIY Terrarium, Pot & Macramé Hanger Workshop
• Organiser: Colour Box Studio
• Facilitators: Ms Murphy Flowers & Kirri-MaDe
• Date: 1 November 2014, 12:30-5:30pm
• Where: Pozible HQ, Collingwood
• Cost: $155 includes all materials and FREE goody bag
• Full Listing: http://colourboxstudio.com/event/diy-terrarium-pot-macrame-hanger-in-one-day-november-2014/