The Colour Box Studio Disposable Camera Project was run in October 2013 and again in December last year as a way to get our community involved and participating in our creative programming.
We’re so proud of the success of both the First and Second Editions of the Disposable Camera Project – in December 2013, we had 28 participants, nearly seven hundred photos, and a whole lot of fun!
Participants in past editions of the Project have photographed:
• their journey to work or uni
• a trip to their local beach
• 24 portraits of their dog
• the colour pink
• their friends’ armpits!
JOIN THE DISPOSABLE CAMERA PROJECT: THIRD EDITION 2014 here.
The exhibition is a surprise for everyone – participants get to see their photos for the first time (this is film photography people – no digital review screen!) and others spend a while marvelling at the mass of colour and shape before them.
Colour Box Studio wants to exhibit some brand new photography works – and we want our Members and Volunteers and you, our community to be the photographers!
Your mission: You have 24 hours to fill a disposable camera with snaps of whatever you like. It doesn’t matter if you’re a photography student or a pro, are used to shooting digital or have never picked up a camera before – the point of this project is simply to find something visually interesting to snap in that limited timeframe! You could take a roam through Footscray or your own neighbourhood, take some street photography, snap of your friends, pets, or strangers on the tram, create abstract images by getting close up, or simply document what you see on your walk to work. Whatever attracts your eye – get creative!
Registration closes: Thursday 5 December 2013, 5pm.
1. Pick up a camera on Saturday 7th December 2013 from either:
• Colour Box Studio, 236 Nicholson St, Footscray (11am-4pm)
• Flinders St Station Steps, Melbourne CBD (12pm-3pm)
2. Then shoot to your heart’s content!
3. Drop it off on Sunday 8th December 2013 at either:
• Colour Box Studio (11am-4pm)
• Flinders St Station Steps (2pm-5pm)
Your pics will be developed, printed and installed at Colour Box Studio, ready for their premiere show:
4. Exhibit at Colour Box Studio – 236 Nicholson St, Footscray: Thursday 12th December, from 6pm.
When the exhibition is all over, you’ll be able to pick up your photos from Colour Box Studio during our Summer Pop Up Program opening hours of 12-6pm from the 17th-19th December and we can provide digital scans of your images if you request them!
Look forward to seeing your photos!
A little video: