- This event has passed.
Learn Sourdough Bread Basics
September 26, 2015 @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM$65.00
This workshop will provide all the basic need-to-knows for making home made sourdough bread with qualified nutritionist and avid baker, Angela O’Toole.
YOU WILL LEARN
• how to make a starter culture (the yeast) which you will have the opportunity to begin on the night
• gain insight into some alternative grain flours that can be used for sourdough at home
• about the history behind sourdough and take a more in-depth explanation of the benefits of sourdough.
• sourdough bread recipes
• easy to follow care instructions for their starter culture,
• home-made bread tasters
• a starter kit for your very own sourdough starter.
Sourdough bread is made through a natural fermentation process therefore making it a pre-digested food. This makes the bread much easier to digest and absorb vitamins and minerals from. Sourdough bread has a lower GI than regular bread made with bakers yeast due to natural enzymes present in the bread – and it tastes better too! Our sourdough recipe is super simple and makes delicious homemade bread attainable for even the busiest of people.
The workshop is a very interactive space with questions, comments and shared stories of bread baking welcome.
Please scroll down the the ‘Tickets’ section to secure your place.