- This event has passed.
Make Your Own Ceramic Vessels – Clay Handbuilding Workshop – September 2016
September 24, 2016 @ 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM$99.00
Get your hands dirty with Colour Box Studio’s brand new Clay Handbuilding workshop led by Melbourne artist and Australian Ceramics Association member, Carolyn Warren-Langford.
Make your own bowl, platter, or a planter pot to house your green leafy friends while learning different techniques for hand-building, staining, shaping and decorating your clay vessels using everyday objects found around your home.
You’ll be provided with a selection of moulds in various shapes to form your clay vessels, as well as materials to imprint patterns and textures into their surfaces.
Small class sizes mean you’ll enjoy high quality face-to-face time and assistance from an experienced facilitator who will help you to create your handmade feature pieces for your garden or table.
– Techniques for hand-forming vessels of various shapes, such as coil-pot building and slab-building
– Different methods and tools you can use to decorate your clay objects
– How to ensure your vessel will endure firing
– 3 kilograms of earthenware and raku clay in two colours (enough for two vessels)
– Use of a selection of moulds, tools, equipment, textures and stains
– Professionally firing service – your pieces will be ready for pick up in 3 weeks
Price: $99 for the class. Limited numbers. Scroll down for bookings.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org Please read terms and conditions before booking.