- This event has passed.
Printmaking: Introduction to Etching
July 9, 2016 @ 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM$125.00
POSTPONED: click here for the next date.
Delve into the incredible world of printmaking with Colour Box Studio’s brand new printmaking workshop, Introduction to Etching with artist Lucy Buxton.
Participants in this workshop will create four of their own original prints using an easy drypoint etching method – you’ll learn how to engrave your design into perspex plate, produce multiple editions of your artwork using a direct-drive etching press, and experiment with applying colour with vibrant inks.
Enjoy the immersive printmaking process and making artworks by hand and walk way with four original prints of your own design on gorgeous cotton printmaking paper. This is a workshop designed for beginners – no experience necessary!
• An overview of printmaking processes
• Tips on how to create a design that’ll work well for etching
• How to etch your designs onto perspex plates
• How to use a direct-drive etching press to print your designs
• How to colour your work using various inks
• Pure cotton printmaking paper
• Perspex plate – Tartelan
• Use of other materials, tools and inks
• Tea, coffee and bickies Plus a Goody Bag including: A personal etching tool, Lucy Buxton postcard print
• Information and instruction sheet about etching processes
Limited participant numbers. Please scroll down to book and pay below.