- This event has passed.
The Disposable Camera Project: Third Edition 2014: EXHIBITION
October 2, 2014 - October 12, 2014
Colour Box Studio presents The Disposable Camera Project: Third Edition 2014 in partnership with Ruffian Gallery and supported by Prism Imaging and our community.
The #CBSDCP is a Melbourne-wide participatory photography project where participants get a disposable camera for 24 hours only, after which Colour Box Studio will develop, print and exhibits all photos at Ruffian Gallery in an amazing 24-hour snapshot of Melbourne.
Colour Box Studio is running a Pozible crowdfunding campaign to take registrations and raise funds for the project.
This Third Edition will include a selection of feature images, specially curated by Colour Box Studio and Ruffian Gallery, as well as professional judging, a People’s Choice competition, and prizes. Past participants have photographed a diverse range of subject matter, including abstract urban landscapes, only pink objects, trips to local beaches, and a series of dog portraits.
The CBSDCP Photobook 2013 will also be available throughout the exhibition – score yourself a piece of Disposable Camera Project history as these babies are a limited edition print of 100!!!
• Thurs 2 OCT: Exhibition Opening: Disposable Camera Project: Third Edition at Ruffian Gallery: 361 Barkly St, Footscray, 6-9PM.
• Fri 3 OCT to SUN 12 OCT: The Disposable Camera Project: Third Edition exhibition open to the public at Ruffian Gallery: 361 Barkly St, Footscray. OPENING HOURS: Thursday – Friday 3-7pm, Saturday – Sunday 12-4pm.
More info: www.colourboxstudio.com/cbsdcp
This is a FREE event and you can JOIN the Facebook event for the Exhibition Opening here.
#CBSDCP: Third Edition 2014 Awards and Judges:
• People’s Choice: Best Set of Photos Award
• Ruffian Gallery Award for Outstanding Photo
• Best Photo Award judged by Daniel Boetker-Smith
• Best Set of Photos Award judged by Torika Bolatagici
Also, we will be joined by Dos Diablos Mobile Cantina on opening night!
Featured image by Colour Box Studio Projects and Events Coordinator Kristina Arnott.