FASHION MONTH: 27 Feb – 6 April 2013
Launch DATE: 27 Feb 2013, 5PM-8:30PM
Fashion Box: FASHION INDUSTRY PANEL & NETWORKING EVENT: 20 March 2013 (Register: CLICK HERE)
Colour Box Clothes Swap: Sunday 10 March 12-3PM
Here’s the FACEBOOK EVENT to stay in touch with news as we announce it: CLICK HERE
Colour Box Studio will be launching its Fashion Program on Wednesday 27th February from 4:30 – 8:30pm. Over a 5 week period which coincides with Melbourne Fashion Week, the Colour Box Studio Fashion Program will be showcasing Melbourne’s Fashion Creatives and focusing on the SELF (Sustainable Ethical Local Fashion) theme.
Established and Emerging Designers taking part in the Pop Up Shop include:
• New Model Beauty Queen – ethically produced ladies fashion;
• The Social Studio – Fashion Label and Social Enterprise;
• Jude – locally produced fashion & accessories;
• urbanearthwear – Ethically certified underwear;
• Aacute – local designer jewellery & soy wood wick candles;
• ELandTINO – local fashion & Accessories;
• Studio 941 – hand painted silk accessories.
• Twitch Women’s Sewing Collective – South-Sudanese collective in Dandenong;
• Aqua Babe – Eco Friendly Casual Fashion;
• 3 Fish – Fairtrade Organic Clothing;
• M*inc Design – upcycled handbags;
• Etiko Fairtrade – stoking thongs and underwear;
• Vegethreads – uses organic materials & locally designed.
• More to be announced…
LAUNCH 27 Feb 4:30-8:30PM will include:
• Pop Up Fashion Show with shop labels modelled;
• Door Raffle Fashion Prizes & Entertainment;
• Live Internet Radio Broadcast with Rant n Rave Radio 4:30-5PM;
• Photobooth by DA Photography (Photographer Dulce Amor)
• Live DJ tunes brought to you by DJ Merrill -yeah!
The FASHION PROGRAM will also offer:
• 20 March: ‘Fashion Box’ – a Sustainable Ethical Fashion Forum and Industry Networking night. FREE EVENT – Places are limited, please register: CLICK HERE.
Discussion panel members include:
– Dale Cornell – Industry leader and designer at New Model Beauty Queen
– Vicki Sterling – Bonds Clothing
– Tegan Rose – Ink & Spindle (Melbourne-based ethical/sustainable textile label)
– Simon Mc Rae from Ethical Clothing Australia (ECA)
– A representative from The Social Studio.
• 10 March 12-3PM: Colour Box Clothes Swap Event;
• Make Your Own Workshop Series (info below);
• Studio 941 – silk scarf printing workshop: 6 & 13 March by Ida Suod
• Ambette – Design, screenprint & sew your own purse work: 16 & 17 March by Liz Doust.
• More workshops to be announced at www.colourboxstudio.com/
Pop Up Shop Residency
• Ida Suod from Studio 941 will be producing hand-painted silk creations on site from 28 Feb – 7 March
Situated in Melbourne’s West, Colour Box Studio is a community creative hub. Colour Box Studio will distinguish itself by its primary goal: to support and promote independent artists and creative people in Melbourne.
COLOUR BOX STUDIO FASHION PROGRAM
27TH FEBRUARY – 6TH APRIL 2013
Shop open 5 days – Tues – Friday 12-6PM. Saturdays 11-4PM
Colour Box Studio
236 Nicholson Street, Footscray
Victoria Australia 3011
Amie Batalibasi – Colour Box Studio Director.
POP UP SHOP: If you are a local Melbourne Designer and your label adheres to our Sustainable Ethical Local Fashion theme and you want to be involved in the pop up shop please email Colour Box Studio Director Amie: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERS: We are always on the look out for volunteers for various roles. Please see the Volunteer Page.