Pop Up Shop: 7 November – 24 December 2012
On Wednesday 7 November, Colour Box Studio will LAUNCH the first initiative – a POP UP SHOP selling art & designs made by Melbourne artists. To go the Facebook Event CLICK HERE .
SHOP GRAND OPENING
– Wednesday 7 November from 5pm onwards (bring your pennies!)
– Lucky Door & Raffle Prizes
– Workshop with artist/weaver Maryann Talia Pau for the 1 Million Stars to End Violence project
– Music performance by artist/ musician Grace Vanilau
– Food & Christmas Treats
– A series of workhops run throughout the month at Colour Box Studio – for details click here
– Get skilled up in art, design & craft
– Make your own Christmas gifts
– Wed 19 December
– SPECIAL OPEN WEEKEND -> Maribyrnong Council’s “Open Studios” program runs Sat Nov 24 & Sunday Nov 25 (We will be open 11-6 & running workshops throughout the weekend).
POP UP RESIDENCY
Stéphanie Kabanyana, Adornment Designer & Maker from AK•ADORNMENTS (www.akadornments.com) will be our artist in residence for the month and onsite Mondays & Tuesdays 10am-6pm.
Come and cross off your Christmas shopping list early whilst supporting local artists at the same time. Gather your pennies (don’t forget to allow for a present for yourself) and we look forward to seeing you there!
SHOP OPENING HOURS
Grand Opening Launch
7th Nov from 5pm
(8 Nov – 24 Dec)
– Monday & Tuesday 10-6pm
– Wednesday – Saturday 12pm-6ish
236 Nicholson Street, Footscray. (see map)
ARTIST/ LABELS INCLUDE:
Aacute, Able And Game, AK Adornments, Ambette, Blacksparrow, Ceramic Relief, Charlotte Filshie Jewellery, Hannakin, Leaf Mugs, Kindling, Little Bubalishka, Milk and Cookies, New Model Beauty Queen, North St. Flowers, Pacific Womens Weaving Circle, Pretty WAK, Red Bird Handmade Homewares, Studio 941, ShlinkDink, twotreehouse, Wood Be Good.