Facilitated by Suzanne Nguyen (Artist in Residence at Colour Box Studio)
DATE: Sunday, 14 July 2013
TIME: 9:30AM – 5:30PM (one day intensive)
BOOK: This workshop is now closed. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
Explore basic Illustration, design and home publishing techniques in the intensive one day introductory course (6 hours). The three programs will be taught along side each other, maximizing on the cross over between the individual software
Students will be guided through the basics of each program, quickly gaining a broad base of skills. Topics covered will include:
Working with Layers; Selections; Levels and Colours; Basic image editing.
Fill and path; Shapes; Creative type; Type on a path.
Single page documents; Importing images; Layout; Generating design elements.
All students have access to their own laptop and the course is taught at an approachable pace. Resources are provided for each topic in digital and printed format. A USB stick is needed to make the most of the sessions and the resources.
On completion of the one day course, students will:
– Create and edit digital imagery
– Handle and manipulate type
– Have an understanding of how to synthesize the three programs for basic graphic design and home publishing needs.
– Create and save documents suitable to specific requirements
- THE FACILITATOR
Suzanne Nguyen – Artist | Designer | Zine Lover – Based in Melbourne
Prior to being an artist, Suzanne Nguyen graduated as an Interior Designer, and maintains a strong interest in graphic design by learning the tools of the trade. She has designed websites, logo and brand identity and various kinds of publishing (including books and portfolios) .
This year, Suzanne recently published own book as part of an exhibition in Federation Square, Memory Maps [Melbourne]
– Level of difficulty: Basic computer skills needed
– Your own laptop is required.
– Required to copy of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign (you can download a 30 day trial in Adobe Website). Suzie can assist with trial download via email if needed (email@example.com). Please through email any dietary requirements.
Please make sure you have read Terms and Conditions before booking.
THANKS so much for your participation and see you there. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Any workshop updates will be communicated to you via email.